Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's a New Year


My new year's resolution, run.

Well, I took care of that on the first day of the year.

I guess I could train for an Ironman or something, yeah that sounds good.

Check out the basement training pic. That trainer seems to get a little wobbly so I might have to put on that helmet. Huffing gas fumes while I train doesn't seem to slow me down too much but it might account for the dizziness. It might seem strange that I have on a camel pack while riding in the basement. However, after my first accident I have decided not to drink anything out of a bottle down there.

Yes I'm wearing dress socks, but they match. (miracle)

I've been training hard since my last post including a 14 mile run with John, Steve and my brother.

i swear its harder to run a mile by myself than 14 with some friends. Don't worry I'll get over it.

Happy New Year It's going to get crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, the real question is how many days have you been wearing those socks without washing either them or your feet? My guess is 2 days regular and 2 more days inside out!

I didn't hear about your wreck in the basement...also I hear you on the friends thing, I ran yesterday by myself of on the track and almost went crazy after about 30 min. Of course it may have been the circles.

Dude, keep it up you are doing awesome. That 14 mile run was amazing...thanks to John and Steve for setting the pace and to all three of you for inspiring an IP. I think what yall are doing as Type 1 'ers is going to inspire not only those affected by the disease but anyone that has made excuses or been apathic toward getting in shape and toward life. You forgat to mention that you finished ahead of me on the 14'er!

How bout some cool Rocky'esk pictures of you running up a mountain thru the snow? I've been watching the weather!

later

nate

Anonymous said...

...I ment to call you on New Year's to remind you that this is the year you will be competing in an Ironman Triathlon! That is an amazing statement. Go Dave!

Michelle said...

I was showing your blog to someone today and was happy to see an update! We are trying to score you a hi-def camera to start doing a diary - cross your fingers! Did you read today Team Type 1 has gone professional??? WOOHOO!

PS LOVE the dress socks (frankly, they don't look much better than what we think are 'cool' bike wool socks, you could have pulled it off)

PSS there is a piece of equipment that steadies the bike on a trainer by placing it on the front wheel - you won't have anymore accidents. Er, at least biking accidents on a stationary bike? Seriously....really? :)

Anonymous said...

DAVE, WERE YOU HI OR LOW WHEN YOU RODE THE BIKE DOWN THE HILLSIDE
AND JUMPED THE BOATDOCK?
KEEP TRAINING. IRONMAN DOESN'T HAVE ANY TEST YOU AND SAYIWONT
DIDN'T TRY!