Friday, January 18, 2008

I Broke My Scale


Well I'm not sure if my scale is really broken but it's out of batteries for sure. It's not like I stepped on it and it blew up or anything. In fact I've been working my tail off. Michelle (the one responsible for making me and a bunch of other diabetics compete in next September's Ironman Wisconsin) told me they were going to send a film crew to get the fat dave footage as this whole process gets started. Well I hate & love to tell you this Michelle, but I think you may have missed your opportunity there. You will have to buy me one of those fat suits because there's no slowing me down right now. Here's a few things I learned recently; Snow is really cold-unless you're running. If your feet get wet, they get cold unless you're running. If you don't wear your coat, you get cold unless you're running. I honestly wish my scale was working for once cause it seems like I just keep getting bigger, unless I'm running. And I am running PLUS some. I'm running, biking, and swimming my butt off and it's pretty cool. By the way, Diabetes has been trying unsuccessfully to kill me my entire life. Even with all this extra exercise the disease doesn't seem potent enough to take me out.
Diabetes Sucks. It can't stop me.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Em said...

My husband's HOT!

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I can hear the Rocky Music now!

PS. how did you photo shop those shoulders so realistically?

Anonymous said...

Dave,

You're the man!! It is much more fun to read your blog than to write, or re-read mine. You are looking fit, Maureen asked me yesterday how you were doing and I told her when I saw you I just had to do a deep squat.

Dave said...

other than posing for a few pictures deep squats are all I've really been doing- it's a secret- don't tell anyone

Michelle said...

Great. You finally post something about me and you said I called you FAT!!!! Geez, Dave! I merely said I wanted to "capture your transformation". :)

I've located the weight you've lost. It's on my hips.

Off to the pool, you crazy kids......

Anonymous said...

DAVE, HAROLD SAYS, "YOU ARE ON THE
RIGHT COURSE! YOU CAN BE A GOOD WITTNESS TO ALL DIABETICS OUT THERE
WHO NEED TO STEP UP THEIR HEALTH CARE!" OH, HE ALSO JUST ADDED,
"NOT ONLY DIABETICS, BUT ALL THOSE OTHER FAT BOYS WHO NEED TO GET OFF THE COUCHES AND GET ON THE STICK!"