Friday, December 21, 2007

Brain Damage


I am pretty sure that something is going wrong with my brain training for this ironman is tripping me out.

I keep thinking to myself "Dave you need to go for a run" or "Dude drink some water, you don't want to be dehydrated" Seriously who thinks like this? "Do I have my running gear with me?" "Maybe I'll stumble into someone who wants to go for a run" I feel like an addict. From what I can see it is only going to get worse. There seems to be this whole subculture of weirdos who run all the time and try to stay in great shape. They have all their own gear and lingo and I assume they think they are the coolest people out there like every other subculture, but tights and short shorts? yeah. Can some one please help me before this crazy running thing takes over my life and I become one of them?

6 comments:

zircon said...

Too late...

It's a slippery slope my friend, but then again the techno-weinie gene seems to be fairly repressed in you. Beware those first purchases of gear. Maybe you can continue to train in Rocky era cut off sweats like a real dude. The rest of us will be prancing around you. Or perhaps you'll succumb to the temptation and then some day you may even feel confident enough to walk into a hardies in plum tights and order a biscuit in front of the weekend red-neck crowd. Yah good luck with that...

Captain Short Shorts...

Anne Findlay said...

yeah, well, just wait til you get a bike and you venture into the world of cycling fashion (er can I use that term?)

congrats!

Em said...

I do feel weird when you pack your tight speedo to go for a swim. As I tell you, I feel like I am sharing my husband with the world. All I ask is that you keep the towel around til you reach the pool!!

Em said...

by the way, those shorts in the picture are not allowed in our house. i am getting used to this but please help me to break in greadually. love ya, e

Brickhead said...

Hey Davo - did that pic come from an online catalog...if so, which one? Do they have one in yellow?

Here's one you (and Emily) will love...John shaved his legs the other day just "to get in the mindset!" Ah, the rabbit hole, Alice - ....twas brillig...and the swarthy toves.... and the momeraths....

Although I do think its kind of cute the way you are playing it off as "I really don't want to wear all this tight stuff" when you always go on and on with Russ and I on the runs about how you were so glad to finally have a reason to wear tights and speedos in public... that the only thing bad about snowboarding was the baggy clothes...

I think I recall you mentioning that you were going to get a pedicure to go with your speedo...

Oh, how we should have taken the blue pill...

Michelle said...

I couldn't leave this one alone. A tip: if you are standing in your speedo on the "deck" of the pool, do NOT offer a girl swimming advice who happens to be doing laps. This angle is not flattering for the person standing on the deck. I'm just talking from some experience here...