Friday, January 25, 2008

Lowboy wins a few battles

I've claimed that Lowboy won't stop me, but dang it's been a rough week. I'm working on adjusting my insulin levels and Lowboy has been attacking with a vengence. I haven't posted a blog in about a week, too low. I have barely worked out, too low. Well my definiton of a good workout has changed quite a bit since this whole Ironman Triabetes thing started. I had to quit a run early and have my wife and kids come find me after only 4 or 5 miles (26) I swam half a mile and had to quit(35). Same story on by bike trainer after half an hour on more than one occasion this past week. The only run I actually completed as scheduled recently was a short run with John. I started that one low(56) and never got my blood sugar above 65. I ate all his food and some of Steve's and If I was alone I would have ended up walking. Low boy likes likes company I guess. Anyway there's a ton of recalculating and testing going on. I need to hurry it up so I can actually train or at least pretend to keep up with everyone. I need to add a picture of Lowboy but he's no good at self photography. If any of you see him out there be sure to snap a picture and post it in the comments.

2 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

if it is any consolation, my BG was 30-something this morning and I just clocked in at 40-something. But I wasn't in the middle of a workout. It makes me mad when that happens!

Do you let your blood sugar come up to a normal range before starting to exercise? If mine is low to start, there is no way in $%$# that it's going to come up once I start, unless I'm coasting on the bike perhaps. Running, especially, can slow down my digestion. Hey Dave, do you use a pump? I can't remember.

I hope this next week is a better one for you. My motto: "Never make life plans when your blood sugar is low." If I even think about doing a race with low blood sugar, I want to cry.

Dave said...

yep I'm on a pump.
my sugar was great today which is good considering i'm trying to buy a car tomorrow.