Monday, January 7, 2008

News Flash


I am going to see a Doctor for my diabetes on Wednesday! I haven't been in quite some time, like 4 or 5 years. I'm a little nervous, but I really think it's time. Last time I went I didn't even come back to get my a1c results. The doctor was just a family practicioner and didn't seem too comfortable dealing with diabetes, but the time before that the endocrinologist told me I had to go to a different doctor to get my a1c checked because he didn't do that. Needless to say I was a little frustrated and figured if I get low as much as I get high then my a1c is most likely ok. It's been a pretty lengtht experiment and this week I guess I have to check the results of my pathetic and heavily biased hypothesis. Data Analysis to come. Guess I had to become part of someone elses experiment to finish mine up.

4 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

Good luck Dave! I hope you have a better experience than in the past.
-Anne

Anonymous said...

Dave, I agree with Steve...just do a few deep squats before you go in for the next check up, rub a little chap stick where you need it most and you're good to go!

We laughed about your hypothesis but who knows...you might be on to something. Poor management strategy and not knowing where your blood sugar tester is for days at a time might lead to the next big break through in diabetic care.

So what you're telling me is... you lost all my jelly beans.

Anonymous said...

DAVE, THIS IS ALL SO EXCITING TO MY "MOTHER'S HEART!!!"
I HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY PRAYING FOR
YOUR HEALTH SINCE THE DAY YOU WERE
DIAGNOSED, AGE 2.
MAYBE YOUR BEING A HUSBAND AND DAD
HAVE INSPIRED YOU TO REAALIZE WHAT
THE REST OF US HAVE KNOWN FOR SO
LONG.........YOU ARE SO IMPORTANT TO OUR LIVES AND WE'VE JUST GOT
TO SEE YOU HEALTHY! WAY TO GO!
( TO THE DOCTOR ).

Anonymous said...

dave,
I agree that you don't enjoy
doctors, but they are part of
life. I remember the time in
(middle school?) that you had
the flu and were in Vanderbilt
Hospital. When I walked into
the room, a medical student was
sitting on your bed with you,
books spread all around the
bed......Your comment was, "I'm
teaching this doctor about
diabetes." Maybe you will be
used as inpiration for some
new docs. Dave's Mom