Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Speed, well it was fast for me

I teach a jogging class on Tuesday afternoons. I signed up to teach this last spring to help me stay motivated to get into shape. that was before I got the chance to join the Triabetes Ironman project. Now as it works out Tuesday is a short running day on my training schedule. I have done most of my running at a ten minute mile pace. Very slow. today I was supposed to run for 30 minutes and I'm sure there were a bunch of drills that I didn't remember but that's besides the point. My class ran 2 miles and then played basketball in the park while I kept running circles around them. My first mile took 7:08. By far the fastest mile I have ever run. The second mile took 7:50 and my third took 8:26 I didn't quite finish the fourth mile by 30 min so I stopped and felt great about what I had just done. Just last May I ran in a 5k that took over 28 minutes and almost killed me. My life is changing fast.
Post Script- yesterday I was trying to swim with my sugar in the 30's. It doesn't work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear the chariots of fire music now! Dude, you were haulin, that's awesome and think... you've only been doing this for a few months, we are so excited and for you...this is cool!

Brickhead said...

dang it dave - do go and get fast - this is already hard enough