Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Beautiful Eyes


I went to the eye doctor yesterday and Dr. Sullivan was confident that my eyes look great. I've been praying for them a ton recently because so many diabetics that I know are having trouble with their eyes. It's not that I didn't use to pray for them much- I have just stepped it up a bit-

Honestly I can't imagine having a disease like this and not praying for myself, sounds crazy. Say what you want but my eyes are doing great after 28 years with diabetes, and it's not like I have been taking any other protective measures seriously until recently with all this new exercise and sugar testing. The doc said that the exercising is already paying off because my vision has actually improved since last year.

Can things get better?

Yes, I swam half a mile this morning. I'm starting to feel less like I'm about to drown all the time.

No but really look at my pretty eyes!

2 comments:

davesbrother said...

Dave,

Cool picture! Do you know if your eye condition is rare for someone that has T1 for so long?

Brickhead said...

you prayed for strips, didn't you?

seems like a blues brothers quote is appropriate now "we're on a mission from God"