Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A visit to the Doctor

I scheduled a visit to the eye doctor.

I know it's supposed to be one of those normal things that diabetics do, but

I don't like going to the doctor.

I hate going to the doctor.

Not that you doctors out there are bad people, I'm sure most of you are great. I've even had great doctors. I just don't like seeing you in your offices.

I'm always concerned that there will be some new bad news.

That I should have somehow prevented by doing all those things the doctor always tells you to do.

Keep your sugar down.

Take care of your feet.

Test your sugar more often.

Do a better job counting your carbs.

Please pay on your way out and come see me again soon so I can tell you the same things and ask you for another $300.



Now that I am actually starting to take care of myself it seems like I would be excited about going to the doctor.



For some reason I just don't want to go.
But I'm not just a diabetic. I'm part of Team Triabetes. (Just sticking the name in there)

2 comments:

Brickhead said...

Crap - when is your appointment - I have to go - maybe I can get a back to back appt.?

Dave said...

Steve,
I just scheduled the appointment at Blue Ridge Vision.
They take digital pictures of the back of your eyes and all that diabetic stuff like make a topomap of it with the computer.
Believe it or not, I went last year and had them look too.
So they can compare the images of last year and this year.
The eye doctor has never been the huge issue like going to see the endocrinologist.
I still need to sign up for that visit.
My appointment is at 3:30 on Monday, and they had a 3:00 open.
264-2020