Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eeeeeew Problem Solved



This goggle cabinet uses ultraviolet radiation to kill bad stuff on goggles. I was showing my friend Russ how nasty my camel pak was and he recommended that I zap it in the cabinet. Since I can't seem to get all the green and yellow and blue and red fuzzy stuff out of there it just made sense to zap it and make sure it was at least dead before I ingested any more. I was taking a run the other day and when I tried to wash down a GU I got hit in the mouth with some nasty fermented juice or gatorade or whatever I had saved since my last run. I have rinsed it out since then but that stuff is still in there. Alive and Kicking- well up until this afternoon when I nuked it with vinegar and radiation. If you see me out running sideways we will have to blame it on my bloodsugar- its not what I'm drinking.

4 comments:

zircon said...

The best part of this science fair experiment was the way that the schmoo in your camelback went from monochromatic yellowish blue to technicolor rainbow variations upon addition of the vinegar. Next time we're filming that :)

Zircon

Michelle said...

I either need to make friends with some local science teachers, or I'm bringing my camel to Boone. I think mine will trump yours. I haven't used it for two years because I'm afraid to look inside.

Dave said...

Just mail it if you need to. I can take some before and after shots.

Brian Foster said...

Clean out your camel....now that sounds like a marketer's dream come true. Could we start doing this as a fundraiser for Triabetes?