Monday, March 3, 2008

What a Week

This has been an intense week. I worked out for more than 12 hours. I ran over 20 miles swam about 2 and a half and sat on my bike riding nowhere for more than five hours. I realize that except for the swimming I will have to do this week's entire workout in just one long day, but for now I feel like this week was a real accomplishment.

I am also starting to get a better hold on managing my blood sugar while doing all this. I have been getting high after many of my workouts which I need to work on, but I'm not having the crazy lows while I am out running. I had one day this past week when my blood sugar stayed between 90 and 122 all day. That was the same day I swam a mile and a half and ran 6 miles.

Friday was supposed to be an off day so I went snowboarding for the first time this season. I didn't get any pictures but it was a beautiful day. I put a video up on the main page to show off my ridiculous snowboarding skills. Yes, that was me that got totally buried in the snow. If I remember correctly I got low-very low- on the hike up the mountain. On the same trip a few of us spent the night in a snow cave and tried to avoid getting avalanched.

I am also getting extremely close to getting my first road bike. Just working out the details. Sometimes this whole Ironman thing seems doable and sometimes I feel like all I do is train and it will still be impossible. Anyway, I stopped my run yesterday short to work on ordering my bike, and instead of continuing when I was finished I played on the trampoline with my kids. It was a great decision.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Shackster! I'm so impressed! I spent the weekend snowboarding too (well, I skied because I broke my tailbone snowboarding last year at snowboard camp). Anyhow, I put on a camp with Sean Busby, pro snowboarder with type 1 diabetes...for the kids in Wisconsin! I just watched your video and grinned and laughed with you guys. Thanks for sharing!!! I'm sharing with Sean - maybe you can bring him out there sometime for the kids with "d"? He's done camp with me for 3 years now - check him out - www.ridingoninsulin.com. He knows all about you!