Saturday, March 15, 2008

Getting Serious

Training is getting intense. Last Sunday I ran about 15 miles. Today I ran 17.5 and then walked the final mile back to the car. I was hurting. It took 3 and a half hours. I actually was hurt up most of the week which took several days. Well my blood sugar was up. Today was great. My friend Kevin ran as slow as he possibly could to keep up with me and I just plodded along. There was at least a one hour stretch that was all uphill. The best thing about that was turning around and running back down.
Em, Penelope, and I are all packed up and ready to drive to the airport. Diabetes Training Camp in Santa Barbara is on the list of things to kick my tail this week. The week after that it's a marathon with my brother. I never would have considered this possible until I just decided to do it.
Good stories from this week to come.

1 comment:

zircon said...

Have a great time in SB. A few Southern Cal favorites of ours are Rubios (good fish tacos and fresh salsa), Any hole in the wall mexican taqueria that ends in ertos (ie. Robertos, Alibertos, etc), and Amy's favorite In and Out Burgers. Enjoy some good mexican food for those of us stuck in BBQ land. Can't wait to hear the stories from this week.

Russ