Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1st things 1st


Diabetes Training Camp was amazing and life changing. More on that to come.

The trip out to California was .....

I can't remember how little I slept but the night before the trip I got to bed at 11 and woke up at 2 so we could drive down to the airport. I didn't get much rest on the plane but I did beat Steve on the trivia game. Hours later and almost exhausted we finally got to meet Peter and Nate in LA. It was exciting. I got to see my new bike. It looked like it was a little close to the ceiling in the parking deck. We all flinched every time there was a noise from above. No there was a foot to spare. Until Peter took a turn and tried to exit. The ceiling dropped a foot and the bike didn't duck. Hey let's spend some time on the side of the road trying to assess the situation and extend the duration of the trip. Good call. The pictures were all dark. The damage to the bike was mostly to the seat. And the bike rack on top of Peter's car. Well at least I don't have to be nervous about falling over and scratching it.

50 hours later we made it to camp and immediately got to work fixing all issues diabetic.

More to come. It was a great week and I'm taking it easy most of this week.

No comments: