Monday, November 17, 2008

Back to the Currahee Adventure Duathlon


Once again Team Shackalarick competed in the Currahee Adventure Duathlon this year. What a difference a year makes.
I have learned so much about controling my sugar. Thanks to a year of Triabetes and Training for the Ironman, this year there were no cramps, no ketoacidosis, and no blood sugar related issues at all. In fact my sugar seems to do much better on days when I am extremely active. I should just race all the time. I stayed hydrated and finished feeling great even though the course this year was substantially harder. We had to run about 10 miles of the course including the climb up to Curahee's Peak. The biggest problem was finding one of the check points hidden out in the woods off of the trail. We passed it 4 times before someone else found it for us. Endurance is no issue now. I just need to work on getting faster. Maybe next year we will do the Solo course. It was twice as large. At least 5 people got lost and almost noone checked in at all the checkpoints. Sounds like some even better torture. So, that picture is actually from last year. New ones to come. Man I need something big to train for. It helped so much this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo congratulations

Unknown said...

Glad to see that you have shaken that nickname. Though I thought it was a term of endearment.
Nice work shaking it though. That is awesome stuff.
Josh Gold
jgold@fit4d.com

Unknown said...

Dave,
That is awesome. I thought LowBoy was a term of endearment:)
Glad you have been able to shake it. I am sure that life is much easier for you without the lows that you had experienced previously. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Josh Gold
jgold@fit4d.com

Dave said...

"Lowboy"
yeah, It's a love hate relationship. I mean I could definitley do without him.