Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Faster than my Bloodsugar

Its been a while I know. The end of the school year is monopolizing my much of my time. With the little time I've had to myself I've been training not blogging. No apologies. Current state of affairs? Well my legs/knees are doing much better. I feel strong, which is amazing. Steve and Russ have been running with me in the mornings before work which has been great, and I am having a ton of fun learning to ride my bike.
A few weeks ago I got my bike up to 39 mph, i was totally pumped. The next week I got to 41. Then 44. Last weekend I went on a ride with Steve and John before church and set a new high speed of 46.8 mph, dude I was moving. So I scared the crap out of myself (not literally) with the 44mph trip. I was alone and rode over Mast Gap which is where I must have reached 44 then pedaled about halfway up George's Gap where I checked my sugar. It was 37. It's scary enough driving a car with a seatbelt that low but being out in the middle of nowhere halfway up a huge hill on a bike with a little bit to eat was utterly disturbing. I rode real slow down the hill and real slow up Mast Gap, but then I just let it loose on the way back down. I couldn't help it. Anyway, high speed 44 blood sugar 37- not good. Obviously it wasn't my day to die. I think God has us all here for a purpose, at least for this Triabetes project. So I'm feeling pretty much invincible until September. After that I just pray He has more for me to accomplish.

No comments: