Thursday, May 22, 2008

Butt Tight Church Clothes

Last weekend's workout was amazing. Steve, John, and I met at 5:30 Sunday Morning and went for a 7 mile run which took forever. I was running so slow. My sugar was at 250 when we started and that just doesn't feel good. All the really fun things about running like being tired, your legs aching, getting dehydrated and feeling like the slowest person on the planet all get amplified. Well I felt like almost the slowest person except that John's sugar was doing the exact opposite. He's working on figuring out his new pump settings and was running with his sugar way too low. When he finally stopped to eat I finally got a chance to stop and rest. That didn't last too long and soon enough I was walking- no running really slow- up the big hill and then cruizing the last few miles back to school where our bikes were waiting on us. At that point we got everything set for our ride and I locked my only set of car keys in the car. Great. We rode for an hour and I bummed a ride back to town. Steve dropped me off at church in my bike shorts and jersey. He let me take some mesh shorts from his car thank the good Lord. I just don't know how people would have taken it if I had worn those butt tight shorts in there. Anyway Emily, my wife, eventually showed up with some clothes and shoes. It's a good thing my church is laid back, but you can only push the limits so far. Did you know it costs $45 to have your car doors unlocked. Oh still need to send that guy a check.

2 comments:

davesbrother said...

Dude,

Good to see you back on the blog. I know you have been busy and training hard but I have missed all your great stories. Sounds like the leg is good to go. Which is strange b/c now mine is hurting...the same pain from the marathon...I looked it it up and it sounds like IT band as well. So I need to talk to you about the rehab plan.

How's it looking for the CGM?

Dude, I got 4 words for you "magnetic hide a key"

Or for the truely resourceful just two words "frog gig"

nater

davesbrother said...

Dave,

A friend of mine (Joel) is putting together a bike ride across Georgia in July to raise money to help with their adoption of a child from Haiti. The details are still coming together but it will be about 250 miles of challenging roads through the north georgia mountains. I think the plan is to get sponsors per mile. Anyway it sounds like a fun trip for a good cause and it would be some great training. So if you or anybody else is interested just let me know and as the details come together I'll pass them along.

nate