Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Frustration

After finally getting off my rear and trying to get in shape, I have been reduced to a bunch of girly exercises. Even the pool has been closed due to some big leak. Well I just can't sit around any longer. I put my bike together over the weekend and took it out for a ride. It's a little weird riding in traffic, but I think I will get used to it. My insurance agent even asked about my bike. No he didn't try to sell me bike insurance or anything. But he did ask if he saw me out riding. When we figured out it was me he saw, he asked what I was doing in the left lane in all that traffic- Taking a left hand turn, duh. Maybe I need to learn some bike ettiquite or how to spell. Whatever. trying to write while low is a little touogh. I'm done

2 comments:

Michelle said...

1. Girls unite! I resent "girlie exercise". My girlie exercise tonight was a 25 mile bike ride and 4 mile run! Sheesh!

2. Spelling is over-rated. I reserve it only for....never.

3. Bike etiquette: when passing another biker (or runner) always yell "on your left". You know those funky ways to show you are turning left and right? Well, when turning left, stick your arm left, but when you turn right, forget that fabulous "great" way of still using your left arm, bending at the elbow and pointing your hand down to the earth because the average Joe does NOT understand that AT ALL and doesn't know what you are doing. If turning right, hell, point RIGHT. They get it. So do you.

I make the "peace" sign when other cyclists come the other way.

I make the "bird" sign when a 4X4 truck gets too close to my bike because he hates cyclists.

Twirling your hand in the air to signal other cyclists behind you, means "let's stop at this tavern, I could use a beer."

True story.

zircon said...

Frustration: (noun) the feeling you get when checking Shack's blog for the millionth time and seeing nothing new.

Come on already what about

WHEN SPEED SURPASSES BLOOD SUGAR

CO2 MASTER

THE GOOKINAID POST (oops that's supposed to be Steve's)

Get on it...

Zircon