Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I am a machine

Training has been pretty intense lately. I am in better shape than ever. Which is good because race day is only 18 days away! I never would have believed I would be this skinny again. People that haven't seen me since last September are going to freak. It is absolutely amazing what a person can do once we decide on something. For a while I was a little worried about finishing on time but I am over that. I am going to do this thing. The next question is what's next? Back to the couch? Maintain some semblance of fitness? Do another race? Do I fatten back up for winter or buy a smaller coat? I've been freezing all summer. The cool thing is I am already thinking past the race. Training starts to taper off soon. I'm so ready

4 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

can't wait to see what you have in store for IM. It is going to be awesome out there on the course.

enjoy the taper...
-anne

Michelle said...

Dear Dave,
You'll never go back to the couch.
Love,
M

davesbrother said...

GO Dave GO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Machine, Good luck in the ironman that is awesome. The vision lives on!
Ben